Poached Eggs with Avocado on Sourdough
This super simple recipe is great for a special weekend breakfast or for lunch if you’re at home and are looking for something delicious, quick and easy. Swap out the eggs and top with grilled tomatoes or mushrooms for a vegan version if you like!
- 4 slices of sourdough, toasted
- 2 avocados
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 4tbsp Wunda Original
- Chilli flakes, salt and pepper
- 1tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 4 eggs, cracked into separate ramekins or small glasses
- Small handful of chives, chopped
- Remove the avocado flesh and mash in a bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and Wunda, and chilli flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Bring a tall pot of water to a bubbling simmer and add the white wine vinegar. Swirl the handle of a wooden spoon in the middle of the water to create a small, gentle whirlpool. Quickly and carefully pour the first egg into the centre of whirlpool; the whirlpool will help to encase the yolk with the whites. Once the first egg has dropped towards to the bottom of the pan, then second egg can be added so long as there’s still a whirlpool, otherwise you may need to cook each egg one at a time.
- Let the eggs cook for 3 minutes each and then remove to a piece of kitchen towel with a slotted spoon.
- Cover each of the slices with the avocado and then top each with a poached egg. Serve sprinkled with chives.